Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Organic fertilizer for the dragon Fruit cactus

I have written a post about planting dragon fruit cactus in my backyard garden at Cultivating dragon fruit cactus in my backyard garden (click "BACK" button to get back to this page). The cacti need to be fertilized, and since the title of this blog is backyard organic farming, I need to use organic fertilizer, and not artificial fertilizer.

I hope you willl not be squeamish about this, but I urinate into a 5 litre bottle leaving about 9/10th empty. I leave it to ferment for a week, then dilute it with water and used it to water the cacti. I fill the bottle again with water both to rinse it and also used it to further water the cacti and start the cycle all over again. I hope this will help the cacti grow quickly and start fruiting early.

No comments: